The role of universities in Research and Technology transfer to improve the livelihoods in Southern Africa
This is the theme of the SANORD CONFERENCE 2017 in Nust, Zimbabwe. Sub-themes are as follows:
- Challenges faced by universities in attracting international funding for research.
- Science Technology Engineering Mathematics (STEM) in transforming university research outputs
- Role of Researchers in the Southern African Diaspora in fostering multinational collaborative research
- Challenges to SADC and Nordic countries in commercialization and implemantation of research outputs
- The role of research in improving livelihood and addressing inequalities / access to opportunities
- New epistemologies and new forms of knowledge within the North-South dialogue and collaboration
- Adding value to North South collaborations
- Studies of science, technology and society in post-colonial contexts
- Understanding health and well-being: Contributions from the social sciences and medical humanities.
- Climate change – challenges and opportunities for Southern Africa.
Find full programme and important dates on Conference websiteConference
Startdato: 29. 11 2017
Sluttdato: 01. 12 2017
Sted: Elephant Hills Resort, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe